Clayton James has been practising law since 1972. He became partner in a midsize Sydney city firm in 1979, it was at this time he practised in areas of Conveyancing, Commercial Litigation, Equity and Estate work and Personal Injury claims as well as the management of that mid-city Sydney firm with a staff of 16 and a suburban office. Clayton and his family due to a family members health reasons moved to the Far North Coast between Lismore and Casino in 1992. Clayton has always been involved in sports both as a participant and administrator. He has played and successfully coached Rugby Union teams for many years. He has just recently retired as the chairman of the Far North Coast Judiciary, a position he held for over 10 years.
Since moving to the far north coast, Clayton has owned and managed a macadamia farm and a stud cattle enterprise winning Supreme of Show at Rockhampton show as well as Supreme Champion Bull and Cow in Sydney.
He has for 15 years volunteered and been the ring steward at over 5 local shows. He was part of the committee which revived Casino Beef Week, which is the Far North Coast’s most successful event, and still participates as a ring steward. His other interests are surfing, fishing, kayaking and skiing.
He is well experienced in a number of areas and approaches tasks in a simple straight forward common sense manner.
Clayton has been involved in a number of unusual cases including successfully suing a Sovereign Country for a Civil wrong conducted in NSW. Clayton has lately obtained the maximum possible payout for an 8 year old girl under NSW Motor Vehicle Act. Clayton will stand up to the big firms and enforce your rights. Clayton has developed an ever increasing practice involving Will disputes, acting for claimants interstate as well as in NSW. This is an area which intrigues him in view of not only the law but the results and service that he can achieve for his clients.
Clayton’s other main areas of practice are Conveyancing, General Wills & Estate matters, family and Commercial Law and accident compensation along with general law matters. With offices located on the Northern Rivers of NSW and Sydney, Clayton and his dedicated staff provide down to earth friendly, professional service.
A Recent Case
In this case which was not one of this firm, the applicant in contesting the will did not declare significant assets such as shareholding a large superannuation and substantial amount in the bank, the applicant was receiving Centrelink payments and the judge won the hearing not only found against him but referred the whole matter and his financial situation to Centrelink.
This case was a timely reminder that the parties should be honest and frank in all their dealings with the court in contesting wills as the applicant would now not only have to pay all the costs but have to deal with a Centrelink investigation and possible prosecution for disputing a will.
- Clayton, I can’t thank you enough when dad and my brothers transferred the farm into dads name and he cut me out – I thought that was the end. You did really well for me and I couldn’t believe that your fees were as low as they were.
– “D”, Koreelah, NSW
- Thanks Clayton. I really did not expect this. This is a great result. I can go on and do my studies now, which makes a great difference in my life.
– “M”, Regency Downs, QLD
- Clayton your work was of the highest standard in a very difficult matter.
– “E”, Wynnum West, Brisbane, QLD
- Finally I am vindicated. I am sure that dad did not wish at all to cut me out of his Will, it’s just my sister can be very persuasive. Thanks Clayton.
– “E”, Wyrallah, NSW
- I know that my father’s intention was that my sisters and I will share equally, however, due to matters beyond his control it turned out I did not get a fair share of the estate. Thank you for your help and for your professional assistance.
– “M”, Casino, NSW
- Here is a team you can rely on, quick and professional courteous manner.
Clayton and team , Therese and Ashley , helped turn a painful complicated matter into a genuine recognised eligibility with a down to earth no fuss amicable win, and showed a sensitivity towards me as their client.Most fair on price. Clayton and Therese’s years of knowledge and experience were invaluable, and I would definitely recommend Clayton and his team to all who need him in his specialised areas . A BIG THANK YOU to each of you and will continue to use your other specialist services.
– “Belinda”, Drake, NSW
- My brother and I found ourselves in a very extremely difficult stressful position regarding our fathers Will. What made it even more stressful, was that this was a family matter and worse still, my brother wasn’t mentioned in the will at all. Clayton was extremely sympathetic to our situation, but assured us that we had a strong legal case to contest the Will.
His dedication and passion to achieve a positive outcome for us was second to none. The end result through Mediation, proved to be highly successful for the two of us.
My brother and I unequivocally highly recommend Clayton James Solicitors and his professional team to anyone who is struggling with anything relating to contesting wills. We can unreservedly assure you that you are not just a file, a case number, but more importantly a person/s that is treated respectfully and professionally.
– “S.C & E.C”, Braemar NSW & Robina QLD.
- Clayton James is an astute and perceptive wills and estates lawyer with 20 + years practicing in the space. He has a deep understanding of the various legal avenues available to his clients’ and will not agree to work a case unless he is 80% convinced of a win. We are delighted we engaged Clayton in what was a tricky case with various layers of complexity and we are delighted with the outcome. I’d like to thank Clayton for his integrity and professionalism across the course of proceedings; he displayed outstanding judgement, particularly with his choice of barrister, Ms Kirralee Young of 6th floor St James Chambers, who delivered exceptional counsel regarding our matter. Many thanks again for a stellar effort.
– “EA”, Elena Antonis, Randwick.
- Hi Clayton, I would like to thank you and your staff for the professional and caring way your firm handled my dispute with my siblings. It was a very emotional time as my father had passed away only a few months earlier and my siblings whisked mum away after dad’s funeral. After caring for my parents for years and being their sole Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardian it came a a complete surprise when my mother unexpectedly wrote me out of her will only months before her death. Your guidance and expertise through the entire process was first class and what we thought would be a long and upsetting period was settled at mediation in under nine months. Clayton and his chosen Barrister, Kirralee Young, walked us through the details of mediation and and the whole process went as planned. I was very grateful to you for the empathy you afforded me and I would recommend your firm to anyone finding themselves in a similar situation to me. Once again, a BIG Thank You, you showed me that need can win over greed.
– “Linda R”, Broken Hill NSW.
- Clayton, Can I just say thank you very much. I can now look toward my future with a little ease of financial burden. Wills can be messy at the best of times and dealing with step siblings who no longer consider you family was very stressful. The professionalism of you and your team really put me at ease and gave me the strength to keep going.
– “C”, Ipswich QLD.
- I was very pleased with the work undertaken by Clayton and his team on my behalf, achieving a positive result. He kept me fully informed of the options and possible outcomes as the case progressed . Very impressed with his knowledge and skills in relation to Estate litigation , as well as his strategic thinking / negotiation experience when dealing with the Supreme Court. I would like to thank Clayton and his team for assisting me during a trying time in my life , with a complex legal matter. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to others
– “L.G”, Coraki NSW.
- Clayton was our solicitor as we worked through a messy wills and estates dispute. The matter was resolved in our favour, with Clayton providing exceptional guidance and knowledge of every legal avenue. Highly recommend.
– HP, Local Search Review.
- There are not enough words to paint the picture of gratitude of What you have achieved in the legal battle with my dad’s inheritance. Clayton with his extensive expertise in deceased estates threw all the right legal acts, legal terms to a big law firm in Sydney. He acted with great concern of our wellbeing , kept us informed all the way and was able to get the best possible outcome for our family.
No other lawyers wanted to take on the case as it was the most complex of Wills and it took a man of gusto and strength and belief to fight them head on.
We came out winning, able to get on with our family life and fulfill the TRUE wishes of my father which was to have security for our future.
So a big applause and can highly recommend Clayton James Solicitor for those who need to find the right team to tackle those legal battles
– F.T, Gold Coast.
- I’m very pleased with out come I had with my father’s estate estate matter. Clayton is very honest and up front. The way meditation was professionally handled and answers I got for choice of scenarios was fair. The choice I made to part there end issue in mediation left me away back to make a bit of money after my father’s widow passes away some day.I recommend Clayton James for his service and his legal staff as they are exceptional to get along with to get the right job done.
– R.G, Kingston QLD.
- I have just completed business with my Solicitor, Clayton James. I had recently lost my wife and also my house after 40 years of marriage. Clayton’s advice was instrumental in my taking on a legal dispute to claim back what was rightfully mine. He was thorough in his explanations and advised what my expectation might be. All costs were accurately quoted. He made himself available when I needed to talk things through, and I got the result that I was after in a timely manner. He was kind and I felt I had a great rapport with him.
– R.H, East Coraki NSW.
- Thank you Clayton for your hard work. I will be forever grateful.
– S.M, Newcastle NSW.
- I had the pleasure speaking with Stephen today regarding a question about my Father’s Will. He was patient, knowledgeable and generous. I would just like to say how impressed I was with his integrity and professionalism. If I or any member require a solicitor in the future, I have your contacts saved.
- Clayton James represented me in a Will dispute where I was left out of my mother’s Will. He was able to successfully settle the matter at mediation within a short period of time. Clayton is a very professional lawyer and I will highly recommend him to anyone placed in my situation.
– “DK”, Quakers Hill, Sydney
- I didn’t expect the result. It was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
– “H”, North Ipswich, QLD
- My husband and I would like to thank Clayton and his team for the most outstanding service they have provided to us over the last year. Clayton you went well above and beyond what was expected, and achieved an amazing result which has changed our lives. You have our heartfelt appreciation and I would recommend your services to everyone. Clayton you rate over 100% in our lives.
– “J”, Calista, Western Australia
- I am extremely appreciative of the work Clayton and his team have done to help me over the last 12 months. He was always honest and upfront, easy to contact, easy to understand and truly has my best interest at heart. He made the process clear to me at every step. His team is hard working and were accommodating to mu unique situation. I would recommend Clayton to anyone, especially those unfamiliar with legal processes.
– “S” Northern Territory
- Job well done.
– “VM”, Bayswater, Victoria
- Clayton represented me in a will dispute where other Solicitors had turned away from my case. His counsel and experience was first rate. I found him to be very accessible and easy to contact at times when I needed his advice throughout the proceedings and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend his services to anyone. Clayton and his team worked tirelessly over a substantial time to achieve a result which was fair and just.
I would like to thank Clayton and his team for their time and effort.
– “BP”, Kiewa, Victoria.
- On behalf of the Mudge family I Jesse Mudge thank you Clayton for taking the initial time out to look into my case & to have represented me in a will dispute against my deceased mother’s sibling’s. Even though my name had been taken out of the will Clayton was still able to deliver the goods & have us walking away from our case certain victas. Never was I left feeling insecure, unsure or uncertain of what direction our case was heading in & Clayton also assured me of what to expect in its duration. Thanks to Clayton’s thoroughness & the high level of professionalism stress, uncertainties, unanswered questions & minor issues are not a factor one has to worry about making it a stress-free professional working environment. From the bottom of mine & my families hearts my family and I would like to thank you for all the hard work and effort you’ve done for my case & importantly thank you for taking my financial situation into account and reducing costs & fees for the benefit of my final outcome. Your a gentleman and a scholar Clayton thank you so much.
– “JM”, Sydney, NSW.
- Clayton assisted my brother and I with our succession claim when other legal firms said we had no chance and it would cost too much to pursue. They were wrong. We put our complete trust in Clayton as he was honest, informative and clearly explained the process involved and how long it would take. There were many challenges along the way with disgruntled family members and Clayton stayed on task all the way through, limiting unnecessary costs. Although this was a small claim, it was most important to us that the Will we were disputing was restored to a fair outcome to all involved as my father had wished. I would highly recommend Clayton and his team to act on your behalf as they keep costs at a realistic minimum, are always available to explain legal jargon, and will bring about the best possible outcome for you.
– LS, Semaphore Park, SA & RS, Darwin, NT.
- Clayton gave wise and timely counsel at an emotional time. He took the emotion out of it and helped us to see the progression of things. He supported us in our choices while always considering our financial state and advised appropriately. Many, many thanks.
– SD, Tuncurry NSW.
- I really appreciate all your help through this legal matter.
– CD, BLACKSTONE QLD.
- Clayton is the hallmark of a man who is honest in his explanation of the process of legal actions, he is a man who can be highly recommended and trusted. Walk with Clayton and you will not go wrong. Thank you Clayton. Well done.
– PD, Glen Innes NSW.
- Clayton James took on our Will dispute confidently and successfully when other Law firms had made our claim seem impossible. He managed to keep costs to a minimum and was always available to clearly explain all the legal jargon we found intimidating along the way. There were many challenges during this process but the end result was exactly what Clayton had set out to achieve. My brother and I feel most fortunate to have found him.
– LS, Local Search Review.
- On behalf of Mark, Michelle and Adam, we would like to thank you all for the hard work and guidance that you’ve provided to the family during this situation. Our family are very grateful for the outcomes you achieved for us and we would highly recommend your firm to anyone faced with an unfair Will. I don’t know how we would have got through all this without you and your experience in this area. You’re the best Clayton!! Thank you so much!!
– The Falzon Family, Blacktown QLD.
- We would like to thank you for your services. We appreciate all your help and thank you
– J.F, Waterloo, NSW.
- Thank you so much for helping me in sorting out my father’s estate, I am very happy with the outcome and will refer you to friends and family if they are in need of a solicitor in the future. Thank you and your team again, I am so relieved to have this settled.
– D.L, Port Macquarie, NSW.
- I would just like to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU very much for what you achieved for me, it is very much appreciated.
– K.H, Liverpool, NSW.
- At first after my step father passed away I thought I would never see anything of the estate and just move on, then I seen a advertisement for Clayton James no win no pay. I at least it can not hurt to give it a go, it paid off I got something out of the estate more then nothing and less then a lot but I’m happy with what I got and when the money comes in I can move on with a better future. All because of one pH call thank you Clayton James and your team of professional staff who stand behind you.
– D.Y Wodonga, VIC.
- I’d like to thank you for kindness and willingness to help us in this delicate manner. The karmic wheel will see you in good light.
– D.T Brisbane, QLD.
- My father left an estate in NSW, I live in Poland. Through Clayton I was able to make a claim and was very happy with the result. Clayton and his staff were always very helpful in what was a difficult matter. I thoroughly recommend him.
– M.L Pszczyna, Poland.
- Thank you and your team for your hard work, and support during this period of time. You have assisted with closure I definitely needed.
– E.P Safety Bay, WA.
- I live in Europe and after a long time, I managed to obtain the estate of my aunt, who died without a will in Sydney, without other heirs in Australia. This was also due to Clayton James Solicitor and his team. I would like to thank Mr. Clayton and his team for being with me and I managed, in the end, to obtain from the Trustee my aunt’s estate, to which I was entitled, according to the law. I will remain grateful to them. Thank you very much.
– G.C Romania.